Thai Red Prawn Curry
- Prawns – 1kg
- Red Curry Paste - 3 Tablespoons
- Fish Sauce or Oyster sauce - 2 Tablespoons
- Prawn head & tail – ground and juice strained
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 Teaspoon
- 100 ml thick Coconut Milk
- 50 ml Water
- 2 Red Chillies – chopped diagonally
- 2 Kaffir Citrus Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Red bell pepper – one chopped into big pieces
- Fry the shrimp in oil for 30 second and remove onto a plate. (I removed 15-20 prawns to use for the rice.)
- Into the same pan, put the red curry paste and oil and fry for a few seconds to release the flavours.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce, prawn juice and water and fry on a low heat while mixing, it only takes a few minutes to make.
- Add the chillies, bell peppers into the frying pan.
- Add the prawns into the curry sauce. Garnish with slices of the kaffir leaves.
Thai Fragrant Rice with Prawns
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Spring onions with greens - 5 to 6
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Vegetable stock - 2 cups
- Lemon rind grated - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon grass roots - 1 inch
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Cooking wine – 3-4 tablespoon
- Garlic – 7 to 10 pods chopped fine
- White Onion – half sliced into big pieces
- Fry onions, garlic for 2 mins and add cooking wine and add the fried prawns. Stir for few secs, remove & keep aside.
- Trim the spring onion greens and reserve. Roughly chop the stems and quarter the bulbs.
- Heat a deep non-stick vessel, add a tablespoon of oil, stir in the spring onion bulbs and stems.
- Now add the drained rice, coconut milk, vegetable stock and lemon rind. Stir for few secs.
- Add sliced lemongrass root and ginger.
- Add salt and mix. Cook till the rice is done.
- Chop spring onion greens and garnish the rice.
- Add the fried prawns.